A portion of the proceeds supports causes (see FAQs)
Duration: 3.5 hours
Length of Access: 60 days
Once you're certified in Client Well-Being & Safety—you'll be eligible to apply to win one of the ten $500 scholarships given out twice per year through the Milady RISE Scholarship program!
Thanks to beauty professionals’ close and trusted relationships with clients, your staff can be a part of the solution. Raise awareness of domestic abuse and human trafficking—just by participating in this program. Make your salon stand out. Make your salon cause-driven. Purchase seats for your staff, today!
As a professional (or future professional) in the beauty industry, you are in a unique position to protect public health and—when trained properly—recognize signs of domestic abuse and human trafficking. These are incredibly important issues, particularly when you consider 1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men will experience physical violence by their intimate partner at some point during their lifetimes. You can help.
No doubt, infection control was one of the first topics you learned in school. If you’re a licensed beauty professional, you already practice safety and infection control on a daily basis. But here’s the thing: standards and best practices do evolve (even more so now given the pandemic). Refreshing your knowledge is a smart strategy during uncertain times. Plus, your clients will appreciate—and even expect—to see that you are up-to-date on the latest infection control protocol.
After each course, you'll get a certificate of completion to show your CE hours. When you complete all three of the courses, check your dashboard for a course called, "Client Safety & Well-Being." This is where you can download your Milady RISE Certificate.
The certification costs $29.95.
One-third of the proceeds go to the Polaris Project, the organization behind the Human Trafficking Hotline, and the Professional Beauty Association's (PBA) CUT IT OUT®, a program dedicated to mobilizing salon and spa professionals, students and others to fight domestic violence in communities across the United States.
The rest of the funds are used to partially offset costs of running two programs:
1. RISE Partner School program. Provides FREE access to Human Trafficking Awareness, Domestic Violence Awareness, and practical Infection Control to beauty program students through their school.
2. RISE Scholarship (managed by the Professional Beauty Association). A yearly fund of $10,000 (two entry periods, twenty $500 scholarship recipients per year) for students and industry professionals who completed all three courses and got RISE Certified in Client Well-Being and Safety.
The Milady RISE Certification in Client Well-Being & Safety takes approximately 3.5 hours to complete. The infection Control course is 2 hours. The Domestic Abuse Awareness course is 1 hour. The Human Trafficking Awareness course is .5 hours. Each course has a final exam at the end.
Each exam tests you on the content you learned in the specific course.
• The infection control exam consists of 25 questions.
• The domestic abuse awareness exam consists of 10 questions.
• The human trafficking awareness exam consists of 5 questions.
Each exam is “served up” to you automatically after you complete the course. You can choose to take it right away, or you can wait until a convenient time. That said, we encourage you to take each exam as soon as you complete a course.
You must achieve a 70% score on EACH final exam to pass and become Milady RISE Certified in Client Well-Being & Safety. If you fail an exam, you can retake it.
Yes. Because standards and information in the three areas of infection control, domestic abuse awareness, and human trafficking awareness will evolve, your certification will expire after two years.
Once you purchase this course, you'll have 60 days to complete it.
After you've completed all three courses, to download, print or share your Milady RISE Certification in Client Well-Being & Safety follow these steps:
1. Sign in to your Milady Training account
2. Navigate to “My Dashboard”
3. You should see a course called “Client Safety & Well Being,” please click into that course
4. Read the paragraph and click “Complete & Continue”
5. You will now be able to download your certificate in the upper left-hand corner, or navigate to the “Certificates” page under “My Account”
If you have any additional questions after following the steps above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org